Sunday, May 31, 2015
Printing was and never has been a strength of mine when it comes to art but i thought i should try it. It did not come out like i thought it would but im just glad the print process worked. Using the cutters was new to me. I struggled at first making all the cuts precise but eventually they were deep enough to start putting ink on. I practiced several times trying to get the print to be completely dark woth ink but i just couldnt fully get it to work. I ended up using the red backgroud to bring out the darkness of the devil pigprint and overall eventhough i didnt really like the drawing i did enjoy the printmaking process.
This collaborative project started as just a splatter paint onto a black backgroudn but with the ideas from Claire and Hannah, their feedback drove us to add more to the painting. We then began working on an alien which then gave us the idea of having more aliens and creating a space scene. Mr. Sands went over the importantance of shading with me and helped us a bunch on bringing our painting to life. Overally i was very impressed with my group and myself on a great final project.
Out of all my projects to redo i would definately choose my word art project.
I think i wow'd myself with this one project because i didnt think i had the articstic ablility to make the depth so realalthough it was a grear project i do geel as if i rushed theough it and missed out on opportunities where i could have made it better. For example if i had taken more time i would've made the word go deeper into the book and actually have it look as if it were shrinking into the book. Also i would've painted it with more purpose because it doesnt look like i took my time with the paint job. But overally the project was a succes and i would gladly do another one just like it inthe future given the chance!
The next project which was inspired by a piece i saw that the NC Art museum was a made out of clay. The piece from the museum as you can see below..
Inspired me to make a pyramid.
Once i completed the pyramid i thought that more could be added to it to make the project stand out. I proceeded to add and eye to each side of the 4 sided pyramid and paint each side black and white, but the opposite on each side. Unforturnately i do not have a photo of the final product but one should be uploaded soon.
Monday, April 20, 2015
After printing project I got the idea of forced perspective and began to figure out ways to show it around campus.
In this picture it is suppose to look like I am in the trashcan but in actual reality I am behind it.
This picture is supposed to look like i am being captured by a bucket. the distance and position of me and the bucket makes you think that.
Monday, February 16, 2015
I have finally finished my book project. It took a lot of time and patience but it finally paid off. I figured out that using ink as the background would really make the word SHRINK stand out and you could still see the text on the page below. The blue really blends well with the book and the yellow makes the word shine through. If you look from the top it looks like it is all leveled out but when you look from the side the word lowers into the book.
As of right now i am in the research phase but i hope to find something soon and get right to work
Friday, January 30, 2015
I used a pinterist board to collect my ideas for my project. It consisted of many pins of different ways to portray text art in a book.
I created my initials out of sports team logos
I created a Water tower using the letter needed to write the word.
For my final I have chosen to cut out the word shrink into a book and make it get smaller and smaller as you look into the book.
Thursday, January 9, 2014
When I started thinking of what to do for my book i had no clue what to do. One of the topics had something to do with question. A question mark sounded like a great idea so drew one. To make it even better i drew multiple marks that were all different shapes and colors. It was very important to have a clear plan so that you could stay on track and know what you were doing. I cut threw my shapes way to many times so i had to keep pulling them out over and over again. I took alot of risks by overlapping some of the marks. Plus the knife cut me a few times while trying to get the final page of every layer. This was my least favorite project mainly because of how boring it was but it definatley turned out pretty good.